Thursday, November 6, 2008

Where have we been...

And just like that, it is November. I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving, Christmas even. The time is flying, always flying; sometimes I wish things would just slow down and we could stop for a brief moment and capture it all. Where have we been you might ask yourselves...let me see if I can help you with that.

First (and worst) G has been on 3 business trips in 4 weeks - yes, he has been gone 16 out of the last 24 days. Wow! He missed Halloween along with countless football games and other precious (and not so precious) moments. I don't know how single moms do it. I am exhausted and grumpy - yes, more so than usual! He got home tonight and only has 2 more trips between now and Christmas. Can't wait to see what 2009 brings. Anyway I was going to share some of his pictures from Rio, yes he went to Rio de Janero (no idea how to spell that!) but I can't find any pictures so this map will have to do. I will post the pix when I find them because they are very cool.


So, what did we do while daddy was gone? Too much! How about Fall Fest at our elementary school which raised tons of money! Super fun day! This is B practicing his pitching with the Aggie baseball team. You will just have to trust me since the picture doesn't actually reflect what I am claiming!

That evening we attended an annual Halloween party at the home of a dear friend. We were exhausted, but had a great time!

Then I got to join B on a class field trip to the Renaissance Festival. It was the first time I have gotten to go with him on a field trip and we had a great time! He is becoming this amazing young man and I am so proud to call him son! It was a special day for both of us! Of course, archery was his favorite part of the day. A bow and arrow for Christmas...maybe!

Then G's mom came to visit and watch some football games and help out in general. It was nice to have an extra set of hands in the house! Football season ended and what a fantastic season it was! Both boys were on good teams and they learned so much about working as a team and believing in themselves as well as their teammates. This is a sport we will certainly play again!


The night before Halloween their was an event at the Country Club were we got to eat and play games and hang out with friends. Lots of fun!

And finally, Halloween...yes, it might seem like you have seen these pictures before! The boys were exactly the same thing last year. What can I say? They are obsessed with all things football and can't wait to be old enough to play tackle! G and I both believe one hit and their season will end real quick. I guess we will find out soon enough!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Glad you're back! I've been checking on you...