Tuesday, November 11, 2008

God is moving



I can really feel God moving in my life in so many ways. And it is a scary feeling because it calls for me to let go of so many things and truly give Him the power; to truly trust in Him fully. I envy those who do this with such ease as I am a little obsessed with to-do lists and controlling each aspect of those things that affect me and my family. It is like that song "So long self" by Mercy Me. It is time for me to let go and let God.

So long self
Well it's been fun, but I have found somebody else
So long self
There's just no room for two
So you are gonna have to move
So long self
Don't take this wrong but you are wrong for me farewell
Oh well, Goodbye, don't cry
So Long Self

I am not sure what this will look like on a daily basis, but I pray that those who know me will be able to see a true, positive change in my attitude and my perpective. I pray that I can become one of those people that will reflect the love of the Lord - I know this is a life long journer and I am truly looking forward to walking it with Him - the One who provides me with everything I need.

Oh - the picture is from a bible study I am doing with my dearest friends. We met last night at McDonald's (of all places!) after the kids were asleep and the husbands were happily watching Monday Night Football and we discussed chapter 1. This is an amazing book about worshiping Jesus when it seems like your to-do list will never end. Sound familiar? I pray that this group of women will truly be changed throughout this 12 week study.

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I've heard that is an awesome study but have never done it. I'm at the beginning of some movement in my life, as well and it is scary, you're right. I'm part of a leadership team at church who is starting a new Women's Ministry program and it is exciting but overwhelming at the same time. In fact, we have a group in charge of Women's bible study and I think I will suggest this study to them. I will pray for you today, my friend.

Betsy said...

Oh, I'm jealous. I SO want to be at McDonald's discussing this book with you guys!! (And, by the way, WHY McDonald's?!?!?)

Lisa said...

We picked McDonalds because it was close to where we live. Besides the music - at one point it was Olivia Newton John! - it worked out really well. We are going to try the one on Rock Prairie next week since it has the cool little room. You could drive in on Mondays and join us:) Miss you!