Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Lake

I am so thankful for my sweet, smart hubby! (Luckily he never reads this blog so he will not use this information against me!) He has been wanting to take our boat out FOREVER (we have not been since our camping trip in late August), but our weekends have been packed with activities. This was the first weekend we could be home and just enjoy so I wasn't really "on board" with going out on the boat. You know, there are clothes to be washed, floors to be mopped and groceries to be bought (we had pancakes with no syrup for breakfast!) G however refuses to get bogged down in all of that stuff and reminds me that days like today are precious! The laundry will still be there tomorrow and the pancakes without syrup weren't too bad! So I packed some snacks and some towels and off we went this morning. Well, we had a blast. The weather was so beautiful and the lake was empty. The boys enjoyed riding the tube, riding really fast in the boat, and just playing in the lake! I enjoyed being out in the sun soaking up some vitamin D. It was nice to be out on such a gorgeous day after working all week. We ate lunch on the boat - sandwiches always taste better there and truly enjoyed each other's company. There was a lot of laughter and great conversation.
It was cool after you got out of the water and on to the boat so the towels were used almost more like blankets today!
After a ride on the Big Mable, the boys claimed that the water felt warm. (I wouldn't know as I did not get in today! I am not fond of being wet and cold!!)



Just singing away to one of B's favorite songs!

Hold on boys! Dad is serious about making each of you daredevils. I am sure we will regret this later......................

1 comment:

Amy said...

If you could see my jealousy over the internet, I'd have a green, green face! We DO have sunshine here today, but it's only supposed to get about 60, and then start raining later tonight, and rain ALL WEEK. It's almost comical when the forecast, for as far as they show on the news, is RAIN. Ugh. We'd love a boat, but would have about three weekends a year to use it here! Ha!