Monday, February 2, 2009

Once again........

It seems that I am unable to balance my life. I can not keep up with work, home, laundry, extra-curricular, blogging, facebook, out-of-town family.......you get the picture. So, I only had 1 post for the entire month of January. I was busy and blue - dealing with the loss of a loved one is difficult and comes at you in so many different ways. I didn't talk to my aunt every day, but my mom did and then she passed on all the info to me. I kept up with my 4 cousins, their jobs, spouses, children, etc..without doing much at all. I miss that! I miss knowing what they are up to. I realize there are many ways in which I can contact them and keep up with them, but it was always fun to hear about their lives through my aunts VERY PROUD perspective. I know, too, there is a big void in my mom's life and that breaks my heart. I learned something interesting about myself through this process - it may not be a huge surprise to those who know me, but it was shocking for me. I am a HUGE planner (ok, that I knew). Well I had my "new year" all planned. Well, God showed me! Dropping everything at a moment's notice to drive 7 hours to be with family unsure of the outcome can really shake a person up. Not knowing what to pack or how long I would be gone just about did me in! Then coming home to my list that had not been accomplished - well, I am still recovering. Seriously. It was a good lesson for me to realize that life happens no matter how well I plan things and I could stand to be a little more flexible with my to - do list.

Here's to more than 1 post in the month of February - seriously, it is February already??

2 comments:

Amy said...

I know! Where has the time gone? I am with you on the planning - and things right now just AREN'T going according to my plan! I'm working through the slow and painful process of becoming flexible...

Hey, at least by the end of this we'll be like gymnasts! (Oh wait...that might require some physical stretching, and I don't have time for that right now...I have enough of a mental work out to do.)

Betsy said...

I, for one, am glad you're back on the bloggy wagon! I've missed your updates!