Sunday, February 15, 2009

Is it the 2 weeker??

If you are alive, breathing and living in the USA........then you know it is flu and cold season. Silly me, I thought it had just passed us by. Boy was I wrong.

Last Saturday my throat was feeling scratchy and sore. But I am the mom, you know, I can't be sick. Monday night B starts running fever - now, I can join him and be sick! We go to the doctor on Tuesday and both test positive for strep. I did a happy dance - strep is the thing to get, right? 24 hours with antibiotics and you are good to go, right? WRONG! B and I get our meds, take a nap and 6 days later we are still sick. I think our strep has morphed into something else. And talk to anyone around town - they have either had this or had a friend who has experienced the same thing.

So far today, no fever. But we are taking B's temp every hour just to be sure. Maybe tomorrow will be a day when he can return to school and I can go to work and our life will slowly return to normal. Maybe not.............

(Oh and the reason for the title - 2 weeks is the longest I have heard of anyone having this...wish us luck and say some prayers!)

1 comment:

Kierstyn said...

Oh, Lisa! I'm so sorry. Strep is the pits!!! The only advice I can offer is to take tylenol and ibprophen every two hours to knock it out. That's why I had to do the last go around. Amazing how something as simple as strep can make you feel so miserable.

Hope you get better soon!