Friday, March 13, 2009

Leonardo Da Vinci!

The boys have been studying famous people at their school. B has been studying specific time periods each 6 weeks and doing projects/presentations to sum up his learning. At the end of this past 6 weeks he had to pick someone from the Renaissance period to study, dress like, and "be" in his classes living museum. His pick? Leonardo Da Vinci! We were good on everything except the costume. I am not one of those moms who can just whip up a costume out of a cream cheese container and some left over material. In fact, there is not left over material in my house. At all. None. Luckily my mom is one of those moms and even though she lives 7 hours away she was able to whip up a great painters cap and artists palette. It was amazing! Add an old polo and I think B made a great Leonardo.




And since Lu idolizes his big brother, when it was his turn to pick a famous person - any famous person from any time period - who do you think he picked? You guessed it. Leonardo Da Vinci! Obviously I was thrilled. The costume was taken care of! And I would say that Lu also made a very charming, very handsome Leonardo!

1 comment:

The Magnuson Family said...

They are very cute lil Da Vinci's. I hope Lu is feeling better.