Monday, September 1, 2008

A Special Sunday

Yesterday, our church presented bibles to the 3rd graders. It was a special day for B and many of his friends. It is our prayer that he will grow up with a love for the Lord and have a servant's heart.
















And something that really stuck with me after yesterday's sermon: If you were arrested for being a Christian, would you be convicted?

I have asked myself that question over and over and I realize that I have a long way to go in my walk with Christ.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Lisa! Funny...that same line in his sermon has been quite the topic of conversation in our household! It made us think as well...In fact, we were just talking about it at dinner! (And, G asked "Why is Jesus going to arrest you?" He!)

Congrats on the 3rd grade Bible! You are right, it is an awesome tradition!

Amy said...

What a neat day! And that sermon? How convicting! I think I'll keep that line in my head for a while as well, especially as I start school in such a VASTLY different environment than my uplifting, encouraging Jane Long home...But life rolls along, and here I am! I can only pray that parents will think of me like you think of your boys' teachers.

Oh, and kick those Aggies into gear! I had to listen to it online and it was so frustrating! :)