Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 4th weekend!

To celebrate the July 4th weekend - we attended the Taylor Family Reunion. It was a reunion of my mother's family and we met some amazing new aunts, uncles and cousins while seeing those I have known my whole life and love dearly.

This is Lu and me at breakfast one morning - he tried french toast for the first time and LOVED IT! Powdered sugar and syrup - what's not to love?

This is my mother with her Aunt Irene - that is my great aunt and the boys' great, great aunt. It was an honor to meet this 94 year old who still lives alone! She shared amazing stories with all 67 of us - Aunt Irene has seen many changes in her lifetime!

My parents with my mom's 2 brothers and 1 dear sister-in-law. They spent Sunday at Canton and had a really good time.

This was almost all 67 of us that came in for the event. Their was actually a cousin of mine that was A&M class of '93 - just like G! Whoop! It was truly awesome getting to know so many people that we are related to!

Some of the Brownwood crew came to town. The boys always love seeing Grady! He is going to play football in college next year. We can't wait to see him play!

A sweet one of our immediate family!

Aunt Shirley (like a 2nd mother to me) and 2 of my favorite cousins who were more like sisters.


All in all, it was a great weekend - I can't wait to see what the rest of July brings, but I do wish time would slow down. Soon the title of my blog will be first day of school and while I love the routine and predictability that school and work bring, I will miss these long, lazy days and the traveling to see the people we love. Until the next post....(and I hope it won't be another month!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean Lu's mom has never COOKED him french toast before? That is SHOCKING!

Ok, it's not at all surprising.

I just remembered that you told me you would pay me $25 if you did not update your blog within 12 hours. We did not broker some deal where I have to pay up if you posted 3 updates, did we?

Anonymous said...

Your family is so big you have to wear name tags???? - Chupp