Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Girls Out Weekend Revisited!

A few posts ago I mentioned a fabulous tradition that I have been involved in for some time now. My dearest friends and I try very hard to carve away time for each other at least one weekend out of each year. We are so consumed in our roles as wives, mothers, teachers, taxi cab drivers, coaches, doctors...that sometimes our friendships get placed on the back burner. So we have vowed to have at least 3 entire days devoted to nothing but each other at least once a year. For the 2nd year in a row we rented a house in Wimberly, Texas that was close to the river and had a private pool. We had such an amazing time!














As an only child, I am not sure what it feels like to have a sister, but I am pretty sure that these women (and others who aren't pictured) have always treated me like a sister or even better. I love each of them for the added joy they bring to my life - for the laughter and the tears and everything in between. Thanks ladies! I can always count on you to put sunshine in my day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Girls' weekends are the BEST! Have you seen Charla's post about ours? It was pure joy to have a little escape from the norm with my girls'!