Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Day of School

Mimi and Papa with B and Lu on their first day of school!
B is a big 2nd grader! I swear I was the only parent in the room taking picture! He is so big, I can't believe it!
Thank goodness Lu is still young and will pose with his mommy for a picture.



The boys both love school and since I go back to work one week before school starts, Mimi and Papa always come and take care of the boys while I go back to work. Then on the first day of school we ride our bikes - since we live close - and go! I have cried for the past two years since I have had a kindergartner 2 years in a row. This year, I almost cried since I don't have one! However, both boys have awesome teachers and friends in their rooms and I am so excited for what the year will hold for each of them!

I know how important these years are for the boys and I truly believe that their social, academic and emotional needs are being met at our neighborhood school where they can ride their bikes every day to get there. Even though it is CROWDED!!!!, I think they are learning life-long lessons! Each day we discuss the classroom and playground issues and relate that to how G and I react to the "real world". It is our firm belief that they are recieving a rounded education. We will make changes as needed, but TODAY we are happy with the outome!

2 comments:

Katie said...

This is so exciting! I so admire all you bloggers - maybe some day I will join you. I'll be sure and check in daily!

Amy said...

I love it! Welcome to the dark side! Hehehe. I'm SO looking forward to keeping more in touch this way!