Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today my mother and the boys Mimi celebrates her birthday! She is the most talented woman I have ever known. I caught a glimpse of this when I was in high school and I wanted this very expensive dress and she said to me, "I can make that." I was like - right! But of course - without a pattern - she whips me out a dress that is identical to the one in the store. From then on she made me some clothes and was so good that I had friends asking her to make them clothes!

She is also an incredibly hard worker. Every time she comes to visit, she cooks just about every meal - yummy. G. really likes this part as I rarely cook!! She also makes curtains, wreaths, keeps the boys, does minor home repairs...she really doesn't get much of a vacation when she is at our house!

The boys love to play games, build puzzles and watch movies with her. She sets such an amazing example of the kind of person I would like to be. And did I mention what a great cook she is?? We love you Mom/Mimi!! Happy Birthday!

No comments: