Friday, June 6, 2008

Pancakes

I don't like to cook. Just last night I told G as I was cleaning up the mess from dinner that I would be happy if we ate out every meal - I just don't like any part of cooking.

Despite my feelings, this morning I decided to cook the kids breakfast. They were skeptical - you see I never (or very rarely) cook breakfast. We have been out of school for 5 days and I thought they deserved something more than cold cereal so I offered to make pancakes. This is how that went:

B - Do you even know how to cook pancakes?
Me - Of course I do!
B - I mean the way daddy does. You know with Bisquick.
Me (a little frustrated) - Yes, I know how to cook pancakes with Bisquick. Here I will show you.
B (with a serious look of doubt on this face) - well, OK, I guess..

Long story short: The pancakes turned out great and both boys were impressed! The highest compliment I received was "they're almost as good as daddy's"! Not bad for my first attempt in a long time to make pancakes. I may even try some other breakfast treats this summer (but I doubt it:).

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Tell the boys I would love to have you cook me pancakes in the morning! I'm jealous! I'm sure they were great!

Miss you!
Rhonda

Samantha Shepard said...

I am certain it was not the bisquick but the love you put into everything you do that made them as good as daddy's. :-)

Hope your summer is relaxing, fun and full of whatever makes you happiest.

Dawn