Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Texas Football


Our new, precious cousin P whom we already love and adore and he is only 5 weeks old! I know that B and Lu will teach him everything a little boy needs to know!








B, our awesome cousin G, Lu and Me after the game



I love the fall - when the leaves begin to change color and the air comes out of the north slightly, ever so slightly, cooler. I also love high school and college football! We were lucky enough to get to go to the home opener of the Brownwood Lions this past weekend. The Lions were able to make it very far in the playoffs last year, so this season opened with a lot of excitement and anticipation. The hard working Lions did not disappoint! They won with a score of 28-21 over Abilene Wylie. One of our new favorite friends C scored 2 touchdowns while our amazing cousin G pressured the quarterback all night and even caused an interception that was returned for a touchdown! The boys were thrilled to watch all of the action and have done nothing but "play football" ever since. They even like for me to play the theme song as they run from the "locker room". (You would have to go to a Brownwood football game to get the true meaning of this.)
While we missed the Aggies home opener, they also won - trounced - their opponent 38-7! Whoop! We are hoping to make it to Kyle Field this Saturday to watch the Aggies
Beat the He** Outta Fresno State.
The best part of the whole weekend was meeting the newest addition to our family - Baby P. He is such a cutie and the boys are thrilled to have him around! They are already begging to drive 5 hours just to see him again! For now, that will have to wait!
(I am having trouble getting my text and my pictures together. Let me know if you have any advice. In some ways this blog is super easy and in other ways - oh my! I have a lot to learn!)

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Yay, Lisa! So, so glad you joined the blogger world. Look what Amy and I started...you, Stacie P, Taylor C., Paige D. (from our last year), Delayne S., I know at least one of the new teachers has one, too (the one who just had a baby), Brian L....Wow! JLMS is a blogging school! I am adding you to my Links and will visit you every day!

lion mom said...

Thanks again for coming to see all of us in Brownwood. Last Friday, second play of the game g-cousin sacked the quarterback for Sweetwater and the fans went crazy!!!! G was happy! We are off to Burnett this weekend for a tough game. Can't wait for ya'll to come back.